Aging individuals and people with disabilities can gain assistance with waiver services. Pittsburgh, PA, residents can enroll in Medicaid Home and Community Programs that provide funding for services that help them receive home care. It covers various services and benefits, including provider access, due process, and a healthy, safe standard of care.
The service is called a ‘waiver’ because the federal government waives Medicaid institutional care rules so Pennsylvanians can use those funds to help people receive at-home care. The state’s Department of Human Services administers ten waivers and the Living Independence Elderly Program (LIFE). Here are some waivers that may benefit the community.
· Aging Waiver: The aging waiver is available to Pennsylvania residents over 60. It provides them with services and support to continue living in their homes and communities.
· Attendant Care/ Act 150: The Attendant Care waiver is for mentally alert Pennsylvanians aged 18 to 59 with a physical disability. It allows them to access support and care in the comfort of their homes.
· COMMCARE Waiver: This community-based program provides care for people diagnosed with traumatic brain injury.
· Consolidated Waiver for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities: The Consolidated Waiver provides in-home care for people with intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, and autism.
· Independence Waiver: The Independence Waiver helps adults aged 18-60 with severe physical disabilities remain in their communities.
· Infants, Toddlers, and Families Waiver: The ITF waivers provides home and community-based services for developmentally challenged children from birth to 3 years old.
· OBRA Waiver: The OBRA waiver allows adults aged 18-59 with developmental physical disabilities to continue to live in their communities.
· Person/Family Directed Support Waiver: This waiver helps people with intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, and autism live more independently in their communities.
Please visit the links to find out about eligibility requirements.
LIFE is a program offered by the Pennsylvania government. It provides services that allow senior Pennsylvanians to live independently. It is available to people 55 and over with care needs that may qualify them for a nursing or rehabilitation facility. Other financial and geographic requirements apply.
LIFE programs were implemented in 1998. They have helped many seniors improve their quality of life.
A+ Home Care is a preferred choice for waiver services. Pittsburgh, PA, residents will not incur out-of-pocket expenses. They will have access to professionals who can provide care and ensure safety at home.
We understand that enrollment and continued participation in waiver services can be tricky. At A+ Home Care we will walk you through the process. We will help you find qualified providers and access maximum benefits.
We provide various services to residents in need. A+ Home Care offers companionship services, assistance with daily living activities and transportation, and help to people with physical and intellectual disabilities. As an approved PAS agency, we specialize in Family/Friend caregivers.
We treat our clients with a high level of care and compassion. Contact us to discover how we can improve your quality of life.